Changing out an old water heater for a new one is pretty simple - or so most people believe. In fact, it is a more complicated procedure than some people imagine it to be. The proper installation can mean the difference between having a water heater that works efficiently and one that does not. It can even mean the difference between one that is safe and one that is a ticking time bomb ready to do damage to your property, home or business. To help make the process of putting in a new water heater easier, here’s our list of five Reasons to Hire a Professional to Install your Water Heater.
- It is the law in some states and municipalities: Because improperly installing a water heater can lead to some pretty serious consequences, many local, state, and federal governments put restrictions in place on who can install a water heater and who can’t. By choosing a licensed professional, you can avoid potential run-ins with the law.
- Professionals have both experience and education: These qualities will help ensure a safe and prompt removal of your old unit and a speedy installation of your new unit. Professional plumbers have an in-depth understanding of plumbing, tooling, and system compatibility so that there will be few problems with your unit.
- A professional can provide you with peace of mind: Saving money is one thing; risking the lives of your family or employees is another thing entirely. A professional plumber can help you avoid potential property damage, loss of health or life, etc. This will allow you to relax and enjoy your water heater.
- An experienced pro will install your water heater correctly and safely, the first time: You will be able to avoid the added cost of reinstalling a water heater that has not been installed properly by hiring the right professional. This will save you time and money.
- A professional can help you decide what size water heater you need: You can save money on energy costs AND have plenty of hot water for your household or business by choosing the right size water heater. Some consumer and DIYers are not able to correctly gauge this. A professional will help you determine what size heater you need and can make recommendations about manufacturers and models.
There you have it. This should be enough information for you to know why using a professional to install your water heater is the best choice you can make. When you have decided to swap out your old model, take a look at our Rheem Ruud universal commercial water heater our AO Smith 100 gallon water heater and our other products. They are all guaranteed to meet your home or business water heating needs.