The water heating system is among the most important devices that a business such as a restaurant or diner can have. This is why business owners and managers are usually keenly aware of the fact that they need to avoid doing anything that can make this already costly expense rise. The first step in saving water heating cost is to purchase the right commercial water heater. After reading this article, you should be able to pick and choose the water heater that will be best suited for your business while avoiding the most common mistakes people make when buying one.
- Lack of proper research: Many hoteliers and property managers tend to skimp on their research for the water heater they need. This is a huge mistake. Before purchasing a water heater to fit your exact hot water needs, take the time to go over several models from different manufacturers. After all, an uninformed customer is more likely to end up buying equipment that doesn’t meet their energy and capacity requirements.
- Overlooking energy efficiency ratings: According to the Department of Energy, investing in an energy-efficient water heater can reduce your energy bill by up to 15%. Therefore, it only makes good sense to factor energy-efficiency into your purchase of a water heater.
- Purchasing the wrong heater size: When it comes to water heaters it is not a one size fits all proposition. Commercial water heaters come in a variety of sizes and models. Choosing a heater that is too small creates water shortages, which can be disastrous for hotels, restaurants, and apartment blocks. Choosing one that is too large leads to unnecessarily higher initial costs and operating expenses.
- Not knowing when to replace your system: Every product or device today has an age limit. And while it may be tempting to squeeze as much use out of your heater as possible in order to avoid the cost of purchasing a new one, doing so is not wise. Older units are more prone to experience malfunctions and breakdowns.
- Focusing solely on pricing: While the total cost of purchasing and installing a water heater will undoubtedly influence your buying decision, it should not be the deciding factor. You should consider how much the right unit will save you money and help you meet your customers’ needs.
There you have it. This should be enough information for you to be able to pick the water heater that best suits your business needs. When you have decided, take a look at our Rheem Ruud universal commercial water heater and our AO Smith 100 gallon water heater and our other products. They are all guaranteed to meet your home or business water heating needs.